Yarn Joy

So today I was browsing through the local craft store flyer to find that all their yarn is on sale!  Yes pure joy!  So excited to say the least.  So off I went over the noon hour and bought just enough to start a new project.

I thought it would best if I had some sort of a plan of what I will make in the coming months before filling up my basket in the store.

Since the cooler temps have arrived, I will be making a cowl for my daughter.  She asked if I could make her one and had described it as longer and being able to double it up around her neck....well it just happened I had recently come upon this pattern Soft Stitch Cowl posted so kindly by Crochet in Color. 


Here is the colour I have chosen for the cowl
I will post my progress in the coming days..

Oh and I have decided to be part of  Tuesday's Tallies.  What better way to work on a large project than to do one piece one day at a time.  To be encouraged by others and see such wonderful projects being created. 

I think I will be trying my hand at doing hexagons in order to make an afghan.  Fingers crossed.

Thanks for dropping in..
hh&h

PS just adding in the book I am currenlty reading...just started so too early for a review



Comments

  1. That pattern looks lovely, I have pinned it to pinterest as I think it is hard to find a good cowl pattern! I look forward to seeing your progress on your Tuesdays Tallies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour, will check out the cowl pattern, I've got some beautiful yarn that I want to use for cowl/scarf.
    One a Day is a great group, I look forward to seeing you new project. I keep looking at this book, let me know what you think of it, when you've got into it, thank you. Have a good week. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the One a Day group. It is very motivating and inspiring. The pattern you picked is great and yarn too. Oh yarn...heaven! How could you resist when it is on sale...lol? I built up my stash after using a good deal of it. I used our VAT taxes going up from 19 to 21% as my excuse. :-)

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty color! I want to make a cowl for myself too. Yours would be an inspiration. I will visit again to see the progress and to get inspired. Thanks for sharing the pattern!

    Good Luck!
    Shikha(from India)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yarn colour,looking forward to seeing your progress through the one a day,Xxxlove juliex

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that color. One of my favorites. Thanks for the visit. ;) Love from Portugal. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment